I have had a lifelong interest in evolving consciousness and Truth, and now, as an “Elder” I can draw upon my rich pool of 60 years life experience to assist those who cross my path.
Through direct experience of witnessing the effects of trauma, love and loss, birth and death, raising a family, suicide, depression and ancestral conditioning….in fact, The Human Condition, I came to understand that it is through our darkest moments we have an opportunity to see beyond the usual and into a greater Reality. In those periods I learned about the nature of the mind, the structure of the ego, and the deep collective conditioning which keeps us prisoner and blind to our expansive, authentic nature.
First exploring spiritual philosophies as a child, I learned meditation 40 years ago.
In the 80s, during my first job as a press and PR photographer, I used to escape the high stress environment of the newsroom to practice Transcendental Meditation in the car park at lunch time. During this time I trained as a volunteer for The Samaritans help line for the suicidal and depressed. Meditation helped me. I later learned Pure Meditation/Raja- Kriya Yoga ( Yogananda kriya- yoga lineage) at the Self-Realization Meditation Healing Centre in Somerset in 2005.
After moving to Sussex in 2006 I joined the Brighton based charity Active Lightworks as a volunteer healer and was part of their management team for over three years.
Keen to see complementary therapies available to the local communities outside Brighton I set up The Community Wellness Project which provided treatments and healing from local community centres in Rottingdean, the Hillcrest Centre Newhaven, and the House Project Centre, Saltdean.
I supported my local community by hosting a “Peacehaven Neighbours Community meetup group” and the “Existential Detectives Meetup”
In Oct 2015 I was drawn to assist the unfolding situation in Greece and the humanitarian refugee crisis in Lesvos.
Feb 2016 I volunteered in Lesvos, Greece at the Better Days for Moria camp next to Moria registration Centre.
In 2018 I became a volunteer for Healing Hands Network Charity, which is dedicated to the relief of suffering from the after effects of War.
In addition to Mata Yogananda I owe much gratitude to realised spiritual teacher B Prior, originator of The Form Reality Practice, and continues to bless me with his wisdom and teaching and teacher/guide Dave Oshana’s Enlightenment Transmission Teachings.
Over the years my interest in Consciousness has led to studying and training in a wide range of philosophies and healing modalities ranging from:
- Hypnotherapy Diploma 1990 (Proudfoot School of Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy)
- Usui Reiki (master teacher level)1996
- Sekhem Natural Healing (master teacher level) in the late 98-2003
- Electro-Magnetic Field Balancing Technique (advanced practitioner) 2000
- Energy Field Photography (Polycontrast Interference Photography) 2001, at the Centre for Human Energy Field Research, Exeter.
- Pure Meditation Foundation,/Spiritual knowledge & Philosophy/Holistic Energy Care Teacher Training.2006 (Self Realization Meditation Healing Centre) and Animal Healing/Natural Spiritual Healing
- Oneness Blessing Deeksha training (2010)
- Transformation Hatha Yoga Teacher Training level 1 -2011 Self Realization Meditation Healing Centre
- Accredited Teacher of The Form Reality Practice 2012 (Bernie Prior Foundation)
- Non-Violent Communication Foundation Training, Brighton 2013
- Laughter Yoga Therapy training Certificate 2014
- Annual teacher training and meditation refreshers at the Open Pathway Retreat Centre, and Form Reality Practice Teachers continuing development.
- Soul Focused Healing 18 month Diploma course with Deborah Mills (2017)
- January 2017 I left Sussex and returned to my childhood home town Ipswich , Suffolk and moved to Woodbridge in August 2018
- 2019 I am currently re-training in Hypnotherapy and NLP with the East Anglian Institute of Hypnotherapy,Norwich.