The Energy Care/Stress Reduction Course teaches you practical ways to maintain balance, boost your energy and increase awareness.
Are you a grandparent who loves looking after your grandchildren but gets tired and exhausted?
Over 2 mornings we will cover everything you need to learn about being an effective supportive Grandparent without exhausting yourself in the process!
Top grandparent facts from the UK Government include:
- 1 in 4 working families and 1 in 3 working mothers use grandparents for childcare
- 63% of all grandparents with grandchildren under 16 help out with childcare
- 1 in 5 grandmothers provide at least 10 hours a week of childcare
- the proportion of grandparents who are of working age is set to grow as the retirement age gradually rises
“My daughter thinks she’s actually giving me a treat by asking me to wash, clothe, cook and feed my three-year-old grandson five days a week, plus two nights babysitting.
“I love him very much, but my daughter seems to think the only thanks I require is being allowed to exhaust myself looking after him.”
Jean Stogden, chairman of Grandparents Plus, feels that the friction between children, mothers and grandmothers is ‘really about the right of an older woman to have her own identity.’ read article
Do you look after your grandchild while your daughter/son goes to work and find that “extra” tasks are expected of you?
- Do you find it hard to say “No” and set boundaries without feeling guilty?
- Do memories of raising your own children colour how you relate to your grandchildren?
- Are feelings of resentment and hurt mixed with the feelings of love and enjoyment?
- Learn how to keep your “batteries” topped up so you have more to give from a healthy place
- Discover ways to nourish yourself .
- Explore the spiritual aspect of being a grandparent
- share with others in a supportive environment
Next workshop running in Spring 2020